Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Testing Armorpaint #1

 

As you can see, I'm testing armor paint here, especially on some objects I've created in my medieval scenery.



Here's the node setup for one of the barrel textures (rings):


The final result is not bad at all!  
(I'm also using the armor paint live link plugin). 

I'm also planning to test substance painter (trial) I will post here my thoughts about it. 

I can say, at least for basic things, you can do the same things in armor paint that you would in substance painter. For advanced stuff, you need to do SOME WORK (because the substance painter has some defaults parameters, so it makes fast).

Search for youtube videos showing what you can do with armorpaint. My tip is that you need to know how to work with blender's node system since AP uses the same idea.




A more complete screenshot: (I'm using super texture plugin again to save time)





No comments:

Post a Comment